Volunteers are essential to the running of Pride and the Volunteer Officer will play a key role in managing all elements of our volunteers from recruitment, training, retention, deployment and coordination at our events.
What will I be doing?
- Advertise for volunteers consistently throughout the year, to create a large pool to support Oxford Pride fundraisers, Festival events, and Parade Day (with the Communications, Website, and Accessibility Officers).
- Maintain an up-to-date register of volunteers, which should be available to the Directors at any time.
- Sending regular communications and organising social events for volunteers approximately monthly, to maintain high interest (with the Community Officer).
- Ensure volunteers are fully briefed in writing before the event they are working on, and verbally on the day, to provide a safe and welcoming environment for all participants.
- Design and manage a volunteer rota for Parade Day, ensuring volunteers have sufficient breaks and that all posts are covered when required (with the Parade, Operations, and Entertainment Officers).
What do I need?
Ability to work to strict tight deadlines, communicate effectively, manage a large team and work on your own.
How do I apply for the role?
If you are interested in applying for a role, get in touch to discuss your ideas and experience for this role – we’d love to hear from you and meet you too! To stand for any vacant position you need to become a member of Oxford Pride. To become a member of Oxford Pride Group, please complete our membership form: