This role is key to the success of our main annual event. Previous experience of event management is recommended and this role takes a significant time commitment. You are responsible for communicating with the Licensing and Event teams at the City Council prior to the event, the site layout and facilities, and to ensure the safe running of the event in accordance with the HSE purple event guidelines.
What will I be doing?
- Have overall responsibility for booking venues and overseeing the event site management
- Represent Oxford Pride at local authorities, to provide event information, risk assessments, road closure information, etc. to Safely Advisory Group (SAG).
- Ensure that the legal and Health & Safety requirements for the Oxford Pride Parade Day are met,
- includes coordinating first aid and security (in liaison with the Directors).
- Working with the Parade, Marketplace, and Accessibility Officers to establish the Parade route and event site map, and update appropriate Operational Management Plans.
- Work with the Entertainment and Accessibility Officers to establish backstage requirements for stages.
- Apply for the Public Entertainments Licence (or equivalent) and be the named person on the licence,
- Source, negotiate and manage all infrastructure bookings and contractors (providing updates to Treasurer)
What do I need?
Ability to work to strict tight deadlines, communicate effectively, working on your own and manage a small team. Previous event management experience and knowledge of event HSE rules & regulations is essential.
Knowledge of Premises, Food Trader, Street Parties and Alcohol Licensing is desirable but not required.
Please be advised that this role does require a lot of time commitment at crucial points in the lead up to the main annual event, this is due to the sheer volume of the workload and final meetings required with external parties including suppliers, Oxford City Council and SAG. It is important that you are able to commit to this.
How do I apply for the role?
If you are interested in applying for a role, get in touch to discuss your ideas and experience for this role – we’d love to hear from you and meet you too! To stand for any vacant position you need to become a member of Oxford Pride. To become a member of Oxford Pride Group, please complete our membership form: