Keen to communicate? We need someone with experience of creating social media content and writing press reports, keeping our members and followers engaged with updates on Pride and LGBTI+ events.
What will I be doing?
- Overseeing the Oxford Pride social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook and Twitter) throughout the year, including writing content for posts, creating events, and responding to queries from members of the public (in liaison with the Creative and Accessibility Officers).
- Acting as a single point of contact for all media contacts, ensuring to receive agreement on the content of outgoing communications with Directors where required.
- Writing and sending press releases to raise awareness of Oxford Pride news and events, in online and print media, radio, TV, etc. (in liaison with the Entertainment, Festival, Community, Fundraising & Sponsorship Officers, and Directors).
- Providing ‘live’ social media content on Parade Day, with regular updates about ongoing events on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
- Externally presenting a unified message in relation to the decisions of Oxford Pride.
What do I need?
No previous experience necessary.
How do I apply for the role?
If you are interested in applying for a role, get in touch to discuss your ideas and experience for this is the role – we’d love to hear from you and meet you too! To stand for any vacant position you need to become a member of Oxford Pride. To become a member of Oxford Pride Group, please complete our membership form: