Volunteers are essential to the running of Pride and the Volunteer Officer will play a key role in managing all elements of our volunteers from recruitment, training, retention, deployment and coordination at our events.
Voluntary unpaid, expenses only
What will I be doing?
- Advertising for volunteers consistently throughout the year, to create a large pool to support Oxford Pride fundraisers, Festival events, and Parade Day (in liaison with the Communications, Website, and Accessibility Officers).
- Maintaining an up-to-date register of volunteers, which should be available to the Directors at any time.
- Sending regular communications and organising social events for volunteers approximately monthly, to maintain high interest (in liaison with the Community Officer).
- Ensuring volunteers are fully briefed in writing before the event they are working on, and verbally on the day, to provide a safe and welcoming environment for all participants.
- Designing and executing a volunteer rota for Parade Day, ensuring volunteers have sufficient breaks and that all posts are covered when required (in liaison with the Parade, Operations, and Entertainment Officers).
What do I need?
Ability to work to strict tight deadlines, communicate effectively, manage a large team and work on your own.
- Meet new people
- Learn new skills
- Develop new interests
- Improve your self confidence
- Give back to the community
How do I apply for the role?
To stand for any vacant position you need to become a member of Oxford Pride. To become a member of Oxford Pride Group, please complete our membership form. At present our meetings are held online and members will be sent the joining instructions up to 24 hours prior to the meeting.
If you are applying for a role, please come to our meeting and tell us why you believe that this is the role for you - we'd love to hear from you!