The Parade Officer is responsible for organising the parade route, ensuring the it complies with licensing rules and legislation. They will work closely with the volunteer officer and the operations officer. They will also liaise with groups and paradegoers and be the point of contact for all parade enquiries.
Voluntary unpaid, expenses only
What will I be doing?
- Organising and overseeing the planning of the Oxford Pride Parade, including obtaining any required approvals and notifying the necessary authorities, such as emergency services, Councils, and Highways representatives (in liaison with the Operations, Accessibility, and Volunteer Officers).
- Advertising and managing bookings of groups and individuals to take part in the parade, including establishing stewards for each group (in liaison with the Communications Officer).
- Ensuring parade stewards and security staff are fully briefed in writing before the event, and verbally on the day, to provide a safe and welcoming environment for all participants.
- Leading the parade on the day, and providing ongoing communications to Committee Officers and stewards to ensure the parade remains on route.
What do I need?
Ability to work to strict tight deadlines, communicate effectively and working on your own. Knowledge of event HSE rules & regulations is desirable.
- Meet new people
- Learn new skills
- Develop new interests
- Improve your self confidence
- Give back to the community
How do I apply for the role?
To stand for any vacant position you need to become a member of Oxford Pride. To become a member of Oxford Pride Group, please complete our membership form. At present our meetings are held online and members will be sent the joining instructions up to 24 hours prior to the meeting.
If you are applying for a role, please come to our meeting and tell us why you believe that this is the role for you - we'd love to hear from you!