Fundraising & Sponsorship Officer
To keep Pride free for all and to help put events on through the year we need regular income. This role would suit an individual who is able to research and identify grant funding, submit funding applications and have the ability to grow and gain sponsorship opportunities with local & national businesses.
Voluntary unpaid, expenses only
What will I be doing?
- Creating and updating the Oxford Pride sponsorship pack to create packages for parade, stalls, act sponsorship, etc. (in liaison with the Directors).
- Using the sponsorship pack to approach local and national businesses/companies, to obtain funding for Oxford Pride and its events (in liaison with the Directors, to ensure organisations are in-keeping with the aims and spirit of Oxford Pride).
- Maintaining close communication with the Treasurer with regards to incoming funds, for the coordination of invoices.
- Communicating with the Communications and Website Officers to provide updated logos and information for sponsor/supporter exposure.
- Coordinating the sale of advertising space within the Pride Guide.
- Applying for any grants and/or benefits for which Oxford Pride may be eligible (in liaison with the Directors).
- Assisting on the planning and delivery of fundraising events (in liaison with the Festival, Entertainment, and Community Officers).
What do I need?
Ability to work on your own, to deadlines and communicate effectively. Knowledge of Microsoft Office desirable.
- Meet new people
- Learn new skills
- Develop new interests
- Improve your self confidence
- Give back to the community
How do I apply for the role?
To stand for any vacant position you need to become a member of Oxford Pride. To become a member of Oxford Pride Group, please complete our membership form. At present our meetings are held online and members will be sent the joining instructions up to 24 hours prior to the meeting.
If you are applying for a role, please come to our meeting and tell us why you believe that this is the role for you - we'd love to hear from you!